Summer driving is here now and it's time to check your A/C before you need it. Sitting in traffic when temperatures soar without a properly functioning air conditioning (A/C) system is the last place most drivers want to be. To help avoid this uncomfortable situation, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that motorists be car care aware and have their A/C system checked annually to make sure it is working at peak performance when they need it most.
A vehicle’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system (HVAC) keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. If you have any concerns about your Air Conditioner performance or if it has been awhile since you last checked your A/C then bring it by the shop so we can test it before you have a real problem while traveling and it's too hot to be without one or you've gone too long without service and done irreparable harm costing your more in repairs than a standard service call would be.
Typical automotive or truck A/C service consists of the following steps:
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspect the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressures to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is leaking refrigerant, it is damaging the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added if necessary to “top off” the system
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination, which is the mixing of refrigerants.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
The Car Care Council also recommends that when having a vehicle’s HVAC system inspected, the cabin air filter be checked to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.
“Making sure your A/C system is working properly will keep you cool and safe when you hit the road this summer,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.
ABC Drivetrain Parts & Service Inc in Lancaster Ohio is a full service automotive repair and service garage dedicated to offering the finest automotive products and service to our customers. We are a Preferred Jasper Engines & Transmissions Owner Installer with ASE Certified technicians who provide quality diagnostics and repairs on most models of cars and trucks. We specialize in both engine and transmission work as well as general repair and service work and our goal is provide 100% customer satisfaction.
Call ABC Drivetrain Parts & Service in Lancaster Ohio today 740-653-1104 or make your appointment online.
ABC Drivetrain is a Family Owned and Operated automotive repair and service garage with more than 32 years of experience operating in our current location in Lancaster Ohio location since 1996 at 330 South Broad Street.